Philips SpeechMike Premium LFH3510 with Slide Switch
The Philips SpeechMike Premium was engineered to perfectly fit the human hand — not only on the front cover but also and equally important on the backside of the device. Every button is positioned and shaped to allow blind operation of the device and all its features which can dramatically reduce document turnaround times.
Reinventing the number one device in digital desktop dictation takes experience, entrepreneurial spirit, hunger for innovation and the will to delivery the best possible product for the end-user. In the Philips SpeechMike Premium Philips integrated new technologies like a motion sensor while being fully backwards compatible to older versions of the device.
Free-Floating, Decoupled Microphone
The microphone in the new SpeechMike Premium is decoupled from its housing for the most incredible crystal clear recording performance ever to be delivered by a desktop dictation device. The completely redesigned microphone suspension guarantees that almost no background noises, touch or click noises, and air and structure borne noises are recorded. This technique is derived from studio microphones to make sure there are no sound distortions whatsoever — and to guarantee outstanding speech recognition results.
Metal Microphone Grille with Optimized Structure
A well-engineered microphone grille is able to make a high-end microphone as in the new SpeechMike Premium stand out even more. The hexagonal holes used for the metal grille feature three times more open surface than its predecessor, engineered to provide crystal clear recordings.
Integrated Pop Filter
The microphone area of the SpeechMike Premium is made of many different layers to make it sound as clear and original as possible. One of those is a fleece inserted above and below the microphone capsule. The fleece filters out sound distortions such as pop and hiss noises, guaranteeing perfect results even if dictating closely into the microphone.
Optimized control panel with tactile buttons and ergonomic zones design
Designed with three ergonomic zones, the SpeechMike Premium has been test and proven by users to have the most comfortable fit in the human hand. The dictation zone is optimized to keep thumb movement to a minimum. The buttons needed for the actual dictation functions are placed in the central area of the device guaranteeing perfect ergonomics and non-fatiguing usage for the user. Less frequently needed function buttons are clearly arranged above and below. All buttons used are formed to give as much tactile feedback as possible.
Ergonomically shaped backside with command key
As the backside of a dictation microphone is as important as the front, Philips put an emphasis on shaping it in a way so that it perfectly fits the human hand and reduces unintentional use of buttons. The trigger and the “command” button on the backside are engineered to be exactly where they need to be. There has never been a desktop dictation device that is as ergonomic as the SpeechMike Premium.
A polished, pearl metal colored cabinet reduces fingerprints and unwanted noises.
The housing of the new SpeechMike Premium is made of high-class polymers. The cabinet is endued with a polished surface and the material includes a pearl metal additive providing a high quality metallic effect and making it non-sensitive to touch noises and fingerprints.
Anti-microbial Housing and Buttons
The SpeechMike Premium’s housing and buttons are made of anti-microbial synthetics, guarding it against all kinds of germs. anti-microbial materials work against a wide range of different microorganisms such as bacteria (e.g. pneumococcal bacilli and multi-resistant microorganisms such as MRSA), viruses (e.g. HIV, influenza, etc), fungi (e.g. Aspergillus niger), or algae. The anti-microbial effect on the SpeechMike Premium lasts for at least five years.
Best-in-class ergonomics for an extra comfortable fit in the human hand.
Integrated Motion Sensor
Being on the cutting edge of technology, the Philips SpeechMike Premium comes with an integrated motion sensor, making it the first dictation device that can be controlled by the movement of your hand. It detects when it’s put on the table, mutes the microphone, and once it is picked up again it turns off the mute function. There are plenty of situations this feature can be greatly beneficial; just think of an incoming phone call or someone stepping in your office. In addition to that, custom events can be programmed e.g. to pause and to continue the recording.
Laser-Scanned, Self-Cleaning Stainless Steel Trackball
The SpeechMike Premium includes a built-in high-precision stainless steel trackball. Self-lubricated and abrasive resistant Teflon bearings guarantee a smooth operation over the entire lifetime. In combination with a laser scanner and self-cleaning features, the trackball is as precise and durable as never before. On top of that, the trackball can even be taken out of the device for cleaning, if this should ever be required.
Drag and Drop Enabled Clickable Trackball
The SpeechMike Premium trackball allows the user to click a double click as well as use it to drag and drop on their desktops. In playback mode, the trackball even works as volume control. Philips SpeechMikes are the only desktop dictation devices that offer this rich and versatile functionality.
New Freely Configuration Instruction Key
The Philips SpeechMike Premium is the most advanced dictation microphone to date — and to give the user even more room to personalize their devices, Philips has added an instruction key at the top of the control panel — of course fully and freely user configurable, especially useful for programming speech recognition commands.
Larger Speaker Area
Compared to its predecessor, the SpeechMike Premium is equipped with a double sized-speaker area that enables it to play back recordings in clear and crisp quality.
Smart, Backwards Compatible Firmware
One of the biggest advantages of the SpeechMike Premium is that its is fully backwards compatible to the third generation of the SpeechMike third Generation. The SpeechMike Premium can be configured with the Philips remote Device management software and SpeechContr4ol, works with SpeechExec workflow software and even includes a compatibility mode for the second generation of SpeechMikes.
Mac and Windows Compatible
The SpeechMike Premium is compatible with Mac as well as with Windows operating systems and can be configured with SpeechControl, the Philips convenient hardware management tool.
Four Configurable Function Buttons
With four freely configurable function buttons placed at the lower area of the control panel, the SpeechMike Premium can be further personalized for any user and application. Work the way you want — a benefit that only a Philips SpeechMike offers.
What makes the new SpeechMike so outstanding?
- It is engineered to filter background and touch noises for the best recording quality in a desktop dictation device ever.
- The unique free-floating microphone with its excellent signal-to-noise ratio records voice natural and crystal clear, which guarantees the best speech recognition results.
- Best-in-class ergonomics with optimized control panel for blind operation and enhanced button shape to have the most conformable fit in the human hand.
What did Philips integrate the motion-control feature?
- Based on market research and decades of experience, Philips develop features that are beneficial to end-user. Fully concentrated on their dictations, users forget to stop the recording when they are interrupted by a phone call or their assistant. They put the SpeechMike back on the table and don’t realize that the recording is still ongoing. With motion control, the users can be sure that when they put the device aside, recording will pause, and when they pick it back up, it will start recording again.
Why does the SpeechMike Premium have a big, metal microphone grille?
- In order to achieve studio-like recording quality, the metal grille is designed with three times more open surface than its predecessors.
- An integrated pop filter avoids distortion when closely talking into the microphone.
Why does the new SpeechMike Premium feature a anti-microbial housing?
- The house and buttons of the SpeechMike Premium are made of polymers with anti-microbial additives, guarding it against all kinds of germs for at least five years.
Is the SpeechMike Premium backwards compatible to Speech third and second generation?
- Yes, it is fully backwards compatible to the third generation and includes a compatibility mode for the second generation.
Do I need to install new drivers?
- No, you do not need new drivers — if you want to configure the new features like motion control you just need to update to the latest drivers.
Does the SpeechMike Premium support scroll functionality?
- Yes. Function keys can be optionally configured to add scroll functionality as well as mouse functionality such as clicking.
Which functions does the trackball offer
- The stainless steel trackball supports drag and drop , pick and drop, left mouse button functionality as well as volume control when in playback mode.
Is the trackball self cleaning and can the trackball be cleaned by the user?
- Yes, the trackball housing includes a dirt skimmer to clean the trackball during utilization. Additionally the user can disassemble the trackball to clean the lens of the laser sensor — if ever required.
Which operating systems is the SpeechMike Premium compatible with?
- The SpeechMike Premium is compatible with both Windows and Mac as well as with virtual environments, such as Citrix and Windows Terminal Server.