By Laura Dyrda for Becker’s Hospital Review
Physicians in private practice earned about 4 percent more than nonphysician practice owners in 2020, and compensation changes as the practice grows, according to Medical Economics‘ salary, productivity and profession survey.
The survey, published June 3, gathered responses from physicians in multiple specialties and practice settings, with 51 percent having ownership interest in their practices.
Ten findings on physician income by practice type:
- Physician owners: $276,000
- Nonowner physicians: $265,000
- Employed at an inpatient hospital: $274,000
- Private practice: $268,000
- Hospital-owned practice: $297,000
- Solo practice: $242,000
- Two-physician group: $259,000
- Three to 10 physician group: $287,000
- Eleven to 50 physician group: $281,000
- More than 50 physicians: $286,000
Need more dictation or transcription supplies and accessories?
Visit our friends over at TranscriptionGear to get the rest of what you need! From headsets to foot pedals, they have you covered.Visit TranscriptionGear